[casual_games] Re: Community Functionality

Jason Van Anden jason at smileproject.com
Thu Feb 2 07:15:55 EST 2006

I am not sure if I am about to partake in some form of self promotion
in the form of feedback - or if I am about to be guilty of same, but I
have been experimenting with something similar using a low profile
javascript engine within an iframe.

An example of the emotive javascript engine is used in a recent casual
toy found here: http://tax.cf.huffingtonpost.com

The first iteration of this takes the form of a virtual pet (of sorts)
and can be found here:  http://www.smileproject.com/chewy

cheers!
jason van anden
www.smileproject.com

On 2/2/06, Rajat Paharia <rpaharia+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since we're discussing community - we recently finished a complete
> redesign of Bunchball and I'd love to get some feedback from this
> group on the concept and the implementation. For Flash developers, we
> provide shared community infrastructure and a multi-player platform at
> no cost. For users, we make it easy to play games with their friends,
> and, what we think is the killer feature, take any game from our site
> and put it into their own pages. With the millions of blogs, MySpace,
> Xanga, Piczo, etc. pages out there, this seems like a great way to get
> games exposure and more opportunities to go viral. Here's some links
> that might be of interest:
>
> - http://www.bunchball.com - the main page
> - http://www.bunchball.com/blog - there's a post up here about some of
> the big ideas behind bunchball, and several samples of games embedded
> in web pages linked off the side.
> - http://www.bunchball.com/devnet - developer pages
> - http://www.myspace.com/bunchball - a MySpace page with a bunch of
> embedded games.
>
> Any comments would be much appreciated! thanks, - rajat

Jason Van Anden
http://www.smileproject.com