[casual_games] hey all

Nicolás Vinacur nvinacur at fibertel.com.ar
Sat Feb 11 11:25:32 EST 2006

I think it's not fair that you compare any country with no game industry to Gabriel's or mine. We live in countries where everything here is much cheaper. Foreign companies are trying more and more to get programmers from South America because a programmer here can cost them like 3 or 4 times at least, less than what they would be paying in other countries.

For us, working directly with american or european customers is a fast door to success, and we're in a more favorable conditions I think than other countries to start developing a company from scratch in any international business as casual games, because with a little income per month we can do much more things than most of the people I knew working here.. So, it might be not as simple I think as Gabriel says.. It is a matter of will, I'm sure of that, but it also helps a lot the conditions on what you're working.

As it is not the same thing to start your indie business while you're working part time, than to start while working full time or not working at all, it is also not the same thing to aim to much lower rates to be able to start working independent.