[casual_games] C to J2ME tools

Lennard Feddersen Lennard at RustyAxe.com
Sun Jan 29 14:20:19 EST 2006

I think you are right about treating it as a different SKU - mostly I
was pondering a J2ME port if the product is moderately successful but
not so successful that I can just sell off (or manage the porting of)
the IP.  This was all brought about seeing J2ME games for sale on the
web - my guess is that isn't a very financially viable market but it is
a way to release games outside of the various cell phone market gatekeepers.

I enjoyed the line /"hopefully not you" - /my feelings exactly :->).  On
a technical note I code my games to an abstraction layer that has been
ported to S60 (see Colony for NGage) but those devices are all just so
tweaky that I am looking for a cleaner solution so I can implement the
designs that interest me on the PC side (what I enjoy doing in the
environment I like to work in) and not have to remember all of the
details of many handheld devices each time porting season rolls around.

Anyhow, thanks for the thoughts - hopefully the blockbuster success of
my next opus will mean that I can see my design on a cellphone without
having to roll code myself.

Lennard Feddersen
CEO, Rusty Axe Games, Inc.
www.RustyAxe.com

Lennard at RustyAxe.com
P. 250-635-7623 F. 1-309-422-2466
3521 Dogwood, Terrace, BC, Canada, V8G-4Y7