[casual_games] Escapist article on immersion -- seek quotes

Allen Varney allenvarney at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 15:15:31 EDT 2006

An upcoming issue of the online gaming magazine The Escapist (
www.escapistmagazine.com ) concerns immersion -- the quality of games that
draws you into them so you lose track of time and possibly even of your
physical body.

For that issue, I'm writing an article titled "I Lost It," which will quote
many game designers about the nature of and reasons for immersion, the ways
a game design can foster an immersive experience, and the importance of
immersion to interactive entertainment.

If you're a game designer with something interesting to say about the topic
of immersion in games, or a funny story about your own immersive experiences
playing games, I'd like to hear from you and to quote you in my Escapist
article. Brevity helps.

I need your comments by this Wednesday, July 12. Please e-mail me offlist at
allenvarney at gmail.com . Thanks!

--
-- Allen Varney
    www.allenvarney.com