[casual_games] multiplayer?

Cormac Russell retch at io.com
Tue Oct 24 12:05:29 EDT 2006

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, John Falconne wrote:

> One thing that surprises me is how few multiplayer options there are for
> casual gamers. Why is that? My friend, another game developer, said it's
> because there's no way for a casual game developer to make money on
> multiplayer games. Is that true? Are there no viable business models around
> that make multiplayer game development appealing to casual game developers?

I've got a hunch Pogo would disagree with this, as would Three Rings.
Though one could argue I guess that much of their gameplay is
single-player head to head, rather than interactive multiplayer in many
regards, it still seems that the are fundamentally built around monetized
multiplayer experiences.

    Cormac
Retch The Grate aka Cormac Russell    Amiga, The Computer for The Creative Mind
Gaming is Life                     retch at io.com                   //   /\
Vote Discordian    this .sig a proud artifact from the 90s      \X/   /()\