[casual_games] Multiplayer casual games

Jay Adan jadan at gametableonline.com
Thu Aug 2 13:59:03 EDT 2007

Honestly, I can't say that we've done much in the Casual space yet. Aside
from Backgammon, Chess and Checkers everything we've done has been pretty
hard-core boardgaming fare (just TRY to play Euphrat & Tigris without
reading the rules... I dare you!). But our focus has been on multiplayer and
our site certainly depends on community.

I guess the question comes from the fact that, in looking around at casual
games, you're more likely to see something new and cool come out in
single-player form. All of the big hits are generally single-player. I
didn't know about Pool on Yahoo though. Thanks, Steve.

As far as the community side goes, there are certainly portals doing well
with community without multiplayer but it would seem like it would take less
effort to get that community started with multiplayer. It's sort of built
in.

Anyway. I'm anxious to hear anymore thoughts you all might have.