[casual_games] Question About Adobe/Macromedia Director as a Development Platform....

T. R. vo_list at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 10 12:54:26 EST 2007

Hello,

I am interested in hearing educated opinions about the use of
Adobe/Macromedia Director as a casual game development platform. I have some
experience programming in Director (but have not used it for a number of
years), and recognize that many casual games feature a Web demo, as well as
a downloadable version. Director/Shockwave would allow the same modified
code to be used for both.

To any persons with experience with Director:

Does the program offer a rich enough development platform and scripting
language for Puzzle or Action games? I'm familiar with Lingo, but do not
know how the language has developed in the past few years to address the
needs of casual game developers.

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

T.R.