[casual_games] Gameplay patents

Jason Van Anden robotissues at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 07:37:12 EST 2007

It sounds to me like you suggesting that if someone has gone to the
trouble and expense of legally protecting their intellectual
property, you would decide to violate this right based solely on
whether you had more resources than your competitor. It seems to me
that this is morally and ethically perverse, and ought to be
discouraged more so than patents themselves. Does anyone (else) out
there feel that (reasonable) patents are a good thing - or is
"patents == bad" the general consensus of the casual games community?