[casual_games] Question About Adobe/Macromedia Director as a Development Platform....

Peter Nicolai pnico at gamelab.com
Mon Feb 12 13:52:32 EST 2007

It can definitely be done. I don't personally use Director anymore
because it has limitations & bugs that make it hard to integrate into
a sane development process. It does have a few nice features, like the
interactive prompt (aka "message window") and the object inspector
which is awesome. Nowadays if C++ wasn't an option and I had to choose
between Director and Flash, I'd go with Flash, using Flex for coding.
Neither has support for hardware-accelerated 2D rendering, which is a
significant limitation for downloadable games.

If there was a commercial-grade Python-based 2D game framework that
came with well-designed art tools and source code, I'd use it in a
second.