[casual_games] Gameplay patents

Tom Hubina tomh at mofactor.com
Wed Feb 14 16:38:54 EST 2007

I'll be there mon-fri walking around with a speakers badge (talking at GDC
Mobile on Monday). I'll also be at the Minna Mingle (I think it's on
Wednesday).

You can see my other email for a quick overview of what I think the problem
in casual is with too many games. As for your specific example, I don't
think that it's a problem with the industry not meeting the needs of the
consumer. It's that (in both cases) the way the folks who are selling things
to the customers are monetizing things, and the way that the content
producers need to make money isn't very compatible. Who you blame for that
seems to depend greatly on which side of the problem you're on ;)

Tom