[casual_games] EA Sports "The Tour" (re: EA CEO calls video games complicated)

Ken Tabor katworks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:58:40 EDT 2007

If you haven't read much about a new EA game called, "The Tour" then check
it out on your favorite website. It's a new franchise that I believe is EA's
answer to the question their exec recently brought up regarding overly
complicated games. It's going to be a football game, of course they have the
license, but featuring "easy-to-use" controls.

It's an interesting move (smart IMHO) because even hard-core gamers might
have the desire to play a game like Madden when the season starts up, but be
completely intimidated with the game's decade-old controls where every
button has a function, and are modal (same buttons do different actions
based on context e.g. offense vs defense.) That general statement goes for
plenty of types of game types as well.

I'm sure we'll hear and read more of "The Tour" over the next few days with
E3 kicking up, and the debate will be interesting.

-Ken