[casual_games] Meet Publishers & Distributors AND Protect myIP? ... and other questions!

James Gwertzman james at popcap.com
Thu Jun 7 12:59:49 EDT 2007

I confirm what Juan is saying. When we meet with a developer while
wearing the hat of a potential publisher, we don't expect to sign an NDA
for the original pitch session - but if we decide to move forward, we
will want to sign a mutual NDA and we'll insist on using our own form
for it. At that stage, having the NDA in place is as much to protect us
as it is to protect you --- in the event that we're working on a similar
game internally, having the NDA in place protects us.

Also I echo what everyone else has said - a polished, fun prototype is
SO much more important than a great idea or pitch document, unless you
already have an extensive track record in this space.

------

James Gwertzman

Vice President, Asia/Pacific

PopCap Games, Inc.