[casual_games] Advice on marketing a viral game

Joe Schultz Joe.Schultz at ByDesignGames.com
Mon Dec 8 11:32:02 EST 2008

I'm as tired of the buzzwords as I imagine some of you are (Viral?
More like crapshoot!). However, on the subject, are there
trustworthy / reliable service providers for marketing an Indie game
as such?

So, say I have a game, and desire to hand it off to someone who has
good contacts, to help solidify and arrange distribution for a split
of the generated profits; like talent agents, but for games not people.

We've been doing it more-or-less manually and it takes its toll on our
time; would rather outsource it to credible & proven people for a cut
of profits (@10% as in other industries), and get back to focusing on
what were good at, content.

Have looked into this a little bit, but it seems the game industry is
still way behind on such things... and I _do_ consider charging 50%
for such a service, as being "way behind".

------> Can anyone make recommendations here? (preferably from
positive 1st-hand experience)

Or is the game industry still relatively poisoned by all the middle-
men who leave nothing for the content source (developer)?

joe

Joe Schultz
Game Director
ByDesign Games