[casual_games] Advice on marketing a viral game

Adam Martin adam.m.s.martin at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 8 11:51:37 EST 2008

2008/12/8 Joe Schultz <Joe.Schultz at bydesigngames.com>:

> I'm as tired of the buzzwords as I imagine some of you are (Viral? More like

> crapshoot!). However, on the subject, are there trustworthy / reliable

> service providers for marketing an Indie game as such?

Yeah - aren't they called "publishers"? :P

Given how much value good marketing adds to an IP / revenue, I would
expect that anyone who's particularly good at it ends up becoming a
publisher (for as long as publishers continue to exist and thrive).
IME, good marketing setups really like having a regular (and fat!)
pipeline of incoming content for them to market - and have the power
to create their own brand, at least for co-branding - so the
temptation to become a standard publisher presumably gets bigger and
bigger over time?