[casual_games] browser based game engines

Joe Schultz Joe.Schultz at ByDesignGames.com
Fri Jun 20 05:27:38 EDT 2008

Having used the a fair majority of on & offline 3D engines over the
years (high & low end), in terms of accessibility, value & workflow, I
can say without a doubt the cream of the crop is Unity (http:/www.unity3d.com
) made by the wonderful folks at Unity Technologies.

Not only is the workflow the most advanced I've seen, the company open
& friendly, the community equally open & friendly, but Unity's web
support is sublime. As well, it does what you want and then some;
build your game for web, pc, mac, and with special license, wii &
iphone (iphone coming "soon").

Having said goodbye to draconian license fees (as with some "other"
engines ::cough cough::) Unity is our engine of choice here at
ByDesign and have not regretted the decision a single day.

Hope this helps,

Joe Schultz
Game Director
ByDesign Games