[casual_games] iPhone SDK

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Fri Mar 7 12:59:56 EST 2008

For those of you who may have missed today's
Steve Jobs and company show, here is a pretty
good summary blog of what transpired:
<http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/06/live-from-apples-iphone-press-conference/>http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/06/live-from-apples-iphone-press-conference/

Tom B

At 09:44 AM 3/7/2008, you wrote:

> >From what I can see and read on their site, is

> that once you pay the $99, you can release any

> Application, as long as it is not Porn or

> Malware. You then get listed in the App store, and paid out monthly.

>Phil

>On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Miguel Portilla

><<mailto:miguelportilla at pobros.com>miguelportilla at pobros.com> wrote:

>Sounds very much like the rest of wireless

>industry ( Verizon, ATT, Sprint ) and hence the

>reason many small developers, including

>ourselves, have abandoned wireless development.

>The approval process is unfair, harsh and

>costly. Another important fact to note is that

>the amount of iPhone users is relatively small.

>Miguel Portilla

>PoBros, Inc.

>James C. Smith wrote:

>>The rev share sound great but I wish I knew

>>more about the approval process. It sound like

>>Apple has to approve every app. Have they

>>published any guidelines on the type of things

>>they will not approve, how the long approval

>>takes, or what kind of appeal process there

>>is? I would hate to invest a lot of resources

>>in developing an app for a specific platform

>>and then have it rejected. It's not like I

>>could then shop it around to other portals or publishers.

>>James C. Smith

>>Producer & Co-founder: Reflexive Entertainment

>>Editor-in-chief: Game-Sales-Charts.com

¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤
Thomas H. Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
23133 Vashon Highway SW
Vashon WA 98070
Tel (206) 463-9200
Fax (206) 463-9290
and
80 Southwest 8th Street, Suite 2100
Miami, FL 33130
Tel (305) 324-6000
http://www.gameattorney.com
TOLL FREE 888-848-GLAW
¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤

“There’s been this tradition in the [video-game]
industry that everybody gets screwed on their
first deal, I'm doing my best to make sure that
that becomes a historical anecdote instead of the way we do business.”
Tom Buscaglia, The Game Attorney - Lawyers Weekly, December 3, 2007.

Confidential: This email contains communications
protected by the attorney-client privilege and
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
§§ 2510, et seq. If you do not expect such a
communication from Thomas H. Buscaglia, please
attachment, and then notify Mr. Buscaglia at
thb at intelaw.com of this inadvertent misdelivery.