[casual_games] Zinc framerate

Olivier Besson olive at globz.com
Mon Sep 8 12:34:17 EDT 2008

How foolish, I was trying with a trial version :)
thanks for the link !

.. However.. :(
I uninstalled/restarted computer/reinstalled Zinc 3.0.8 (trial) but..
still the same problem (tested with 120 fps + 60 fps).. Is it because I
don't have the full version? It's so weeeeeird.. that I should bother
MDM instead of this list (sorry)..

Olivier

ps: Please note we are supposed to "be glad to know that the 3.0.2
Projectors now run at the same speed as the native Web Flash Player"...
But the Web Flash player is different from the Flash standalone
projector. Flash Web player have also the same framerate penalty in IE,
and FF2 (but no more in FF, since version 3). The Flash standalone
projector is were the framerate is best.

Olivier

Dennis - I Sioux a écrit :

> Hey Olivier,

> Are you using the full version?

> And also.. did you update the latest builder.. and if you update you

> latest plugins.. make sure you delete the old onces first.. because

> the updating doesn't work that great.. best is to do a complete cleanup.

> It should be up to 95% of normal speed atleast.. but in most cases we

> don't see any difference at all anymore.

> Mdm's blog about this beeing resolved:

> http://www.multidmedia.com/blog/?p=23

> Greetz,

> Dennis

> Isioux

> P.s. I've changed the topic to keep it clean :)

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Olivier Besson" <olive at globz.com>

> Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 10:43 AM

> Subject: Re: [casual_games] Protecting downloadable games

>> It seemed good news, but.. I just checked with version 3.0.6 and 3.08 :

>> - 120 fps becomes 60 fps in zinc projector

>> - 60 fps becomes 40 fps,

>> - etc..

>> It the same problem as usual with flash activeX :(

>> Is there any option to activate to get this display mode? (I just

>> started a new project, choose the swf and that's it).

>> Olivier

>> Dennis - I Sioux a écrit :

>>> Actually.. In the beginning of this year i've been in contact with Mdm

>>> (makers of Zinc) about the framerate loss.

>>> They weren't aware that the flash player was faster.. but after

>>> showing some tests they went to look into it.

>>> Now since version 3.0.3(i believe it was) they have changed the way

>>> they render to screen.

>>> With the old way, they would rendered everything to a buffer first,

>>> after that.. showing it on screen.

>>> Now they don't use the buffer anymore, and it's as fast as the

>>> original flash player.

>>> Mind that at that time the new changes didn't apply for the demo zinc

>>> and transparant app's

>>> Dennis

>>> Isioux