[casual_games] Selling casual games on Steam

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Thu Jan 15 11:47:32 EST 2009

I have a few clients selling through Steam. For
"core casual" (casual games that appeal to core
gamers) they are the best as far a I am
concerned. Their royalty rate is almost 2x the
standard portal (heh) rate. AN they have over
15M installs of steam, though that is probably not active users.

Of all of the contracts I have reviewed, theirs
is the fairest I have ever seem...and they pay monthly without hassle or BS.

They are very tight about their sales numbers so nothing much there...

The only down side is that they are understaffed
a bit so at times you may have to send a few emails to engage them.

Tom B

tAt 02:33 AM 1/15/2009, you wrote:

>Hi.

>Has someone any experience/statistics/oppinion

>about selling ames via Valve´s Steam?

>Thanks

>Jose

> Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! +Buscados

>http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

>Casual_Games at igda.org

>http://www.igda.org/casual-subscribe

>Archive: http://www.igda.org/casual-subscribe

>Archive Search:

>http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=010373383720242846960%3Az3tdwggxil8

>List FAQ:

>http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Casual_Games_SIG/Casual_Games_List_FAQ

¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤
Thomas H. Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
23133 Vashon Highway SW
Vashon WA 98070
Tel (206) 463-9200
Fax (206) 463-9290
and
80 Southwest 8th Street, Suite 2100
Miami, FL 33130
Tel (305) 324-6000
http://www.gameattorney.com
TOLL FREE 888-848-GLAW
¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤

“There’s been this tradition in the [video-game]
industry that everybody gets screwed on their
first deal, I'm doing my best to make sure that
that becomes a historical anecdote instead of the way we do business.”
Tom Buscaglia, The Game Attorney - Lawyers Weekly, December 3, 2007.

Confidential: This email contains communications
protected by the attorney-client privilege and
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
§§ 2510, et seq. If you do not expect such a
communication from Thomas H. Buscaglia, please
attachment, and then notify Mr. Buscaglia at
thb at intelaw.com of this inadvertent misdelivery.