[casual_games] Notes from community chat

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Mon Nov 8 15:24:43 EST 2010

what about a linkedin group?

At 03:49 AM 11/8/2010, you wrote:

>Note that historically, large FB groups have

>"lost" something like 20-30% of all outgoing

>messages. i.e. moderator sends a message to all,

>but FB doesn't send the message (even internally

>- never reaches the recipient FB inbox, let alone send out the email)

>I used to think this was their internal

>filtering systems, but they recently (within

>last 6 months) replaced their messaging system,

>so maybe it was just bugs, and now it's fixed.

>Either way, I would be very cautious about using

>FB as a primary contact medium. It's simply not

>their core business, and (understandably) it

>took a very long time for them to do anything about the problems.

>(I used to run a few groups on FB, and this

>became such a huge problem, we eventually

>migrated all of them to other websites)

>On 8 November 2010 04:17, Ryan Sumo

><<mailto:endlessthirteen at yahoo.com>endlessthirteen at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Just anecdotal evidence on my part. In

>organizing meetups and events locally, I've

>found that people reply through facebook

>groups/fan pages in a far more timely

>manner. For the most part people would ignore

>my mass emails, but reply to my facebook messages.

>It could just be the fact that more people are

>on it these days, or that there is a

>compartmentalization of these communications

>networks. I certainly have one business email

>address (gmail), one personal email(yahoo), and

>everything else through facebook.

>Ryan Sumo

>freelance artist/IGDA Manila chairperson

>portfolio - <http://ryansumo.carbonmade.com/>http://ryansumo.carbonmade.com/

>blog -

><http://geekofalltrades.wordpress.com/>http://geekofalltrades.wordpress.com/

>IGDA Manila forum -

><http://tinyurl.com/igdamanila>http://tinyurl.com/igdamanila

>From: Matthew Ford <<mailto:matthew at fordfam.com>matthew at fordfam.com>

¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤
Thomas H. Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
23133 Vashon Highway SW
Vashon WA 98070
Tel (206) 463-9200
http://www.gameattorney.com
TOLL FREE 888-848-GLAW
SKYPE - thombusc
¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤

“There’s been this tradition in the [video-game]
industry that everybody gets screwed on their
first deal, I'm doing my best to make sure that
that becomes a historical anecdote instead of the way we do business.”
Tom Buscaglia, The Game Attorney - Lawyers Weekly, December 3, 2007.

Confidential: This email, including any
attachments, contains communications protected by
the attorney-client privilege and the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC §§ 2510, et
seq. If you do not expect such a communication
from Thomas H. Buscaglia, please delete this
message without reading it or any attachment, and
then notify Mr. Buscaglia at thb at gameattorney.com
of this inadvertent misdelivery.