[casual_games] Game Engines for Mobile games

Corvus Elrod corvus.elrod at zakelro.com
Tue Mar 22 13:15:59 EDT 2011

I know I'm a bit late to the discussion, but a friend of mine just released
a mobile game framework that looks pretty promising. Here's a blurb and
link:

Battery Powered Games seeks to empower developers

Battery Powered Games, a popular Android game development group has recently
released a new product into the wild, BatteryTech. BatteryTech is a bold
new alternative in the face of popular game engines such as Unity 3D, Unreal
and Corona SDK. BPG says that their product is different in that it's not a
game engine and developers aren't limited by the constraints of their engine
when using their product. Instead, BatteryTech provides all of the low
level facilities every game needs to work on various platforms such as iOS,
Android and Windows, which is something you can only normally get with an
expensive engine or subscription. BatteryTech seeks to enable all
developers to get into the cross-platform market by providing a special
"indie" license which is significantly cheaper than competing products and
carries no royalty or subscription requirements.

More information is available at www.batterypoweredgames.com/batterytech

--
Corvus Elrod
http://about.me/CorvusE