[casual_games] Defining 'Casual Game'

Nacho Pintos nacho.pintos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:27:30 EDT 2012

Years ago I read this article:

http://www.gamecareerguide.com/features/840/why_casual_doesnt_mean_.php

And I still like the definition of 'casual game' given there: 'casual'-ity
is measured by the number of different skills the player is required to
perform. The example given in the article:

[Game : Mechanics]
- Wii Sports Tennis : Swing racket -> casual
- Halo 3 : jump, run, duck, shoot, recharge, use items, equip weapon... ->
not casual