[game_edu] suggestions for readings?

Martin Hagvall martin at hagvall.com
Sun Nov 9 23:42:08 EST 2008

I agree with this. In my class (Principles of Game Design at the Art
Institute of California, Los Angeles), I frequently use Eurogames to
illustrate elegant game mechanics and design principles - using games
ranging from simple card games such as No Thanks! and Coloretto to strategy
games such as Santiago and Around the World in 80 days, emphasizing the link
between structural elements and the "dramatic" elements (including fun) and
how "meaningful choice" can be a driving force behind what's considered
"fun" in modern games.

Martin