[games_access] Game Accessibility Survey updated

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Thu Sep 29 17:42:20 EDT 2005


I agree with Thomas that...

- braille display
- stereo/surround headphones
- stereo/surround speakers
- video screen with englarged fonts
- force feedback devices

...are definitely all "output devices". Wikipedia definition of an "input 

"A number of devices are used for *entering* data into a machine, typically 
a computer."

I think this is the general opinion on input/output devices.



----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Tim Chase" <agdev at thechases.com>
To: "IGDA Games Accessibility SIG Mailing List" <games_access at igda.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: [games_access] Game Accessibility Survey updated

>> I still find the question
>> "What type of input do you use?"
>> to be wrong, given the options which are
>> braille
>> stereo headphones
>> surround headphones
>> stereo speakers
>> surround speakers
>> video screen with englarged fonts
>> force feedback devices
>> all of those or _output_ devices?
> I guess it could be interpreted as "how do *you the player* get your 
> input".  But it is a bit ambiguous.  Perhaps something such as "Which, if 
> any, of the following specialized hardware do you use while gaming?" might 
> make it less ambiguous.
>> Otherwise, great work with the survey!
> seconded!  I do notice that it still requires JavaScript to be enabled, or 
> otherwise some of the sections come up blank. Otherwise, as long as I had 
> JS turned on, it worked fine, and nothing stood out as glaringly peculiar 
> :)
> -tim
> _______________________________________________
> games_access mailing list
> games_access at igda.org
> http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access 

More information about the games_access mailing list