[games_access] starting Accessibility Sig tester contractors? Sparked by killing (Attn: Richard)

Robert Florio arthit73 at cablespeed.com
Sun Apr 2 20:00:10 EDT 2006

Michelle and others I've been thinking about this when I was at the GDC at the ESRB roundtable and I really good interview actually videotaping the main speaker who put his foot in his mouth and didn't really know how to make games accessible but got some great gestures for starting something to review games accessible.

Kelly just suggested a organization or someone who actually plays these games and rates them accessible and companies will be interested in paying for that service which is something I definitely was told by three people game developers at that roundtable they would be interested in pursuing.

I already asked Rudy and Jason actually Jason more who run the scholars program for the GDC igda not sure about all igda forums.  I get kind of a mixed-signal not really sure he wants to turn one of our forums into some sort of company.

This is something needed and I personally would be willing to create this sort of fund and like Kelly suggested recruiting people to test these games.  As long as I can get around to having to pay taxes thing because the state will take away all my services once I make money so I'm waiting until I graduate to really go for the huge payoff with a game company so anyone have any thoughts how this accessibility forum igda can be used for this sort of service hiring us?

In the back of my mind I'm thinking of turning my web site a portion of it into something like this so developers can go to an area hopefully my web site because I'm put in all the effort and get all of you guys to help me start something new for testing games that these developers send to us.  And then doing what Michelle suggest getting that company to do a press release to all the magazines or whoever press releases go to some of these accessibility groups know this information will start purchasing more names which causes developers to get more money.  I think they would pay for that kind of service from me for example if I started something like that or anyone else.  Any thoughts?

(Attn: Richard) let me know again how I can work with your forum to be the forum adviser or researcher as you suggested you would need to do for physically challenged disabilities with gaming?  Thanks.
Robert Florio
www.RobertFlorio.com  All about Art and Game Accessibility