personality. Accessibility idle [games_access] GDC news

Roome, Thomas C thomas.roome at student.utdallas.edu
Wed Aug 16 02:42:46 EDT 2006

A Strategy guide needs to be develop for designers on how to developed accessible games.  It is not good enough just to tell designers to developed a accessible game without giving them some foundation to work from.  Most designers do not have a clue what it is like to be disabled, nor what it is like to play some games when you are disabled.  Research can be useful at times, but without the knowledge of what the designer needs to look up to make a game idea accessible they could become frustrated.  At any conference we can present at we must get them engage in thinking on how they could make future games accessible for all.

Thank You,
Tom Roome
ATEC Teacher Assistant
The University of Texas at Dallas
Office: ATEC1710
Office Phone: (972) 883-4376
E-mail: thomas.roome at student.utdallas.edu
Since I don't know how much I will be in my office
over the semester, so I highly recommend that you send me e-mail.