[games_access] Another T-Shirt ;)

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Sat Jan 14 20:26:56 EST 2006

Hi Tim,

Sure, I can squeeze the text any way you like :) Please note that this is
something I made in 10 minutes and not a final design or anything. Even if
we agree on using an image such as this one, I prefer to do some
experimention with different designs (with text next to it, under it,
colours, size and placement on t-shirt, etc.) I was not too happy with the
joystick either, it would be better to get it below the screen so it is all
in white. The current scale of the wheelchair is also a bit weird with the
scale of the arcade machine.
About Michelle's idea for turning the wheelchair around 90: first of all I'd
like to say that a wheelchair seen from the back is a bit harder to
recognize than one seen from the side (that's why all accessibility signs I
know use a wheelchair seen from the side). Although this is only a sketch, I
foresee that doing a cartoony wheelchair from the back might be a bit tricky
(needs some good designing). So a wheelchair from the side is much easier,
but people might interpret such an image as "an arcade machine with a
wheelchair sticker/print on it" or "a handicap sign stuck on an arcade
machine", espcecially with a higher abstract level than this sketch, instead
of "a wheelchair IN FRONT of an arcade machine". A couple of more sketches
may probably show what direction is best. In the meantime, please post your
comments!

Richard

ps: I personally like the idea of this image combined with Thomas's original
lettering.