[games_access] from wheelchair perspective. Inaccessible arcades.

Robert Florio arthit73 at cablespeed.com
Sun Jan 15 18:11:48 EST 2006

I just wanted to point out from my perspective this design kind of cancels itself out because every single arcade is completely not handicapped accessible for those in wheelchairs.  A disability wheelchair signed on a silhouette arcade machine is funny to me because the arcade machine really is a great symbol for a game system totally not accessible.  First of all consider the height of a wheelchair the eye level would be right at the controls and you couldn't see down to see the screen.  I really do like the other idea I had with the mountain and a gold medal wheelchair at the top of it.  It represents the trophy the challenge, the fun to get the reward and the reward.  What do you guys think?  Maybe if I get time I'll do a sketch making it look as clean as I can.  Anyone else can draw it up also.  Thanks.  Here's the link I just copied it so you could reference it from the previous discussion message.
Robert
http://seven.pairlist.net/pipermail/games_access/attachments/20060115/ef0227ef/Game_Not_Over_design2.jpg

www.RobertFlorio.com all of out hard and game accessibility