[games_access] from wheelchair perspective. Inaccessible arcades.

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Jan 15 18:22:23 EST 2006

Yes, there is an ironic message with arcade game consoles
being inaccessible -- good point. I think where we are going
with the wheelchair symbol is that it is a universally
recognized disability symbol.

The problem, of course, is that by extending the wheelchair
symbol we suggest that we are primarily concerned with
mobility disabilities -- which we are concerned with but we
are primarily concerned with the full range of disabilities
and increasing the accessibility for all gamers.

So there we go...full circle again! Why was it that we
couldn't go with pacman in a wheelchair, a space invader with
a cane and speech bubbles? ;) KIDDING!!!! No need to go over
the intellectual property and being sued thing again. :)

Boy...this tshirt is really a hot topic on the list...who knew?

Michelle