[games_access] T-shirt concept "accessibility for all" Michelle Hinn

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 16 15:30:22 EST 2006

Tim sez...

> From this, my mind wandered to the image of "lady justice"
>blindfolded, but also sitting in a wheelchair.  And instead of
>holding scales of justice, holding a gaming controller by the
>cord so it dangled below her hand.

Lol. Ok, I can't keep this one in. So the accessibility SIG is
part of a larger IGDA committee on diversity, which includes
the women in game development SIG. It's interesting that we're
now talking about using a woman in the tshirt design (lady
justice) because I think that the women in game development
SIG might see a bit of an ironic message in that the game
industry has a reallllly low number of women working in it and
gender and game design has been a hot bed topic for so long
with little solution. Last year's game dev mag even had a
promo for our roundtable writen by one of the editors, saying
something along the lines of "if you think women and game
design is a disenfranchised group..."

That being said, I like the lady liberty idea and the
controller as scales thing. :) I'm just saying...irony!