[games_access] Re: Xbox controler and possible research information

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Fri Jun 2 06:34:47 EDT 2006

Hello Tom,

I'm not sure if this is the total solution for you, but the following may
help, if you are happy to put up with digital controls:

Buy your friend a few drinks.

Buy an Ultimarc I-Pac PCB: http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html
Buy an Ultimarc Xbox adapter: http://www.ultimarc.com/xba.html (make sure
you get the PS/2 connecting cable to link the two together).

>From here it will be pretty easy to wire switches in (see attached image).
Wire up all your necessary independent switches.
Duplicate individual switches needed for essential combinations, then
arrange them into a cluster that you can press simultaneously. You might
wish to consider a HAPP Mega Button Assembly - that looks ideal:
http://www.happcontrols.com/pushbuttons/53870100.htm

The beauty of the Ultimarc I-Pac PCB is that you can also connect a standard
keyboard, enabling play with separate switches and a keyboard.

Is this useful at all? I realise it won't be super cheap. Maybe you'd
consider using second hand Fruit Machine (slot machine) buttons.

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk
www.igda.org/accessibility