[games_access] RetroRemakes 2006 Programmer Q&A's: Visual Impairment - what to take into account?

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Fri Jun 2 07:12:00 EDT 2006

http://www.retroremakes.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=6608

Color blindness and other visual disorders (Fact vs. Fiction)

I guess to make Accessibility features for our games we have to be well educated and know the facts from the urban legends.

All I really know about color blindness is the old "they can't tell red and green apart" wife's tale and I am not even sure how true that is.

So if anyone has any EXPERIENCE or knowledge with any visual disorders please be my sensi!

What can and can't people with color blindness really see?

What other visual disorders should we be aware of? And what are the effects of these disorders on the people having them?