[games_access] Games accessible by accident

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 24 15:34:49 EDT 2006

Hi Rosario,

This is related to something that we'd talked about at GDC in March.
We'd talked about running a "positive campaign" to tell game
developers what they've done right with regard to accessibility even
if they don't realize it. So we want to start up a project where we'd
issue press releases and/or mentions on multiple websites to promote,
say, "super tetris kingdom mario revenge 3" for being a game that
works well with, say, switch controllers, which in turn makes them
accessible to gamers with certain types of disabilities that effect
their mobility.

I'm sure that we would all be interested in what you find out so that
we could promote these games. Would you be interested in working with
us on this project beyond the paper that you are working on?

Michelle
Chairperson, IGDA Game Accessibility SIG