[games_access] RetroRemakes 2006 and DonationCoder.com competitions

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Sun May 14 17:42:58 EDT 2006

ANOTHER game accessibility competition!Just to clear up the RetroRemakes 'Accessibility Angle' - The rules for programmers will be announced at www.retroremakes.co.uk on June the 1st, but until then...

There's no predicting what nature of accessible games will come out of this project, as the accessibility side is very open. I've knocked up a top 10 wish list, based largely on our original Top 10 list. So, although the games will be retro in theme, their execution can be open (just like UA-Games "Access Invaders" and JHS/Nihon Syogaisya Soft's "Space Invaders for Blind").

I'm hoping curious programmers will post questions our way.

What ever happens, I think two competitions is good news.

Any idea what sort of publicity the DonationCoder.com compo might get?

Barrie
OneSwitch.org.uk