[games_access] donationcoder game accessibility contest -- last minute suggestions?

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Wed May 31 15:16:41 EDT 2006

I'll be announcing the DonationCoder.com Game Accessibility Contest
shortly -- we're working out a few bugs on the site. Prizes will be
continually added as we hear back from companies on how much they are
donating -- that's how it's worked with the Borland contest that ends
mid-July: http://www.donationcoder.com/Contests/bcb/

The game accessibility contest will run through Sept 1 -- so you have
until Sept 1 to submit your game. See the current page for more info
now at http://www.donationcoder.com/Contests/agame/ -- sponsorship
info going up today. And PLEASE let me know if you have any
suggestions/additions/etc.

Also, note that:

*  Winning programs will be showcased on our site, and made available
for public download as  freeware/donationware.

* DonationCoder.com is dedicated to promoting donationware; we will
help get out the word about your program and encourage people to
donate to you, to support your work.

* Authors will receive free web space for their program, and receive
100% of all donations.

* Submitted entries remain the exclusive property of the original authors.

This is our first go at this so I know we won't do everything
perfectly/ideally but it's a good start I think. :) And it won't be
the last time we sponsor an accessible game contest so we'll be
expanding based on what we've learned for the next contest go around
(no, I don't have details on when the next contest is yet.) :)