[games_access] College Choices...help?

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 14:52:20 EDT 2007

Hi DJ Bono,
With people only lasting about 5 years in the game industry before they burn
out I would strongly suggest going to a good school that just has a very
good CS program. Its much easier to get a job in CS with a bachelor in CS
than it is with a bachelor in some specialized game program.

Cheers Eelke

On 8/7/07, DJ Bono <ladysekhmet.dj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
>      I need a bit of help. I would like to go to a college that offers
> Bachelor's degree in Game Design/Media. My problem is...WHERE? As you can
> see on this link, http://www.igda.org/breakingin/resource_schools.php,
> that there's just way too many choices.
>     I wanted to contact the big companies, Atari, Nintendo, EA, etc, but
> there's no "contact" info for people who I can talk to about getting
> involved, and give me some help in choosing a good college.
>     Right now I go to a county college, and I'm not too happy with their
> program as it's too easy, and most likely will NOT prepare me for anything,
> hence why I need the change.
>     I am thinking about going to RIT again, but their program is fairly
> new. Can anyone give me some help?
> If there's a GOOD program available in NYC, that is a plus. Relocation is
> not really a big problem for me. I just can't move until NEXT Aug.
>     Also, does anyone know of a good company based in NYC? I'm trying to
> see if I can get my foot in the door...
> I just feel a little lost here...
>
> DJ

Eelke Folmer                           Assistant Professor
Department of CS&E/171
University of Nevada              Reno, Nevada 89557
Game interaction design        www.helpyouplay.com