[games_access] Second life, Web2.0 and AJAX

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 22 08:00:49 EDT 2007

To follow up -- there's been some research on 3D
and visual thinking that suggest that those with
certain types of cognitive disabilities (dyslexia
is one) may be MORE suited to a higher level
visual experience. So strong visual experiences
make more sense, essentially, to "visual
learners" like those with certain types of
learning disabilities. So a game with a well
designed and not necessarily linear visual
interface (free world exploration for example --
the gamers feel more at ease exploring than
following any official "rules"). This perhaps
also extends to those with autism as well who
often "think in pictures."

Yes, earlier in life this was my research area. :)

Michelle