[games_access] Top 3 Top 3 and IGDA GASIG Awards Ceremony 2008

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Sun Dec 2 15:07:57 EST 2007

Hi Barrie,

I like what you have but do have a couple suggestions.

1) I agree with Richard, there are no "easy" accessibility features
for developers to add. I have said that adding closed captioning to
games is easier than a physics or rendering system and it is true, but
creating the captioning system itself presents tricky design problems
and depending on the sound engine, maybe even technical issues. In
general, I don't think we have the right to designate whether an
accessibility feature is easy or not for a developer to implement. How
hard it is will depend on the developers technology foundation and
programming/designing talent they have.

2) On the contention of Top 3, why not slightly change the wording so
it's Top 3 Most Requested Accessibility Features.

3) Why don't we make a Top 3 Most Requested Accessibility Features for
each disability area. Richard can submit a list of his top 3 for
blind/visually impaired, I'll submit mine for hard of hearing/deaf and
so on.

-Reid