[games_access] Question concerning making force feedback accessible?

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Mon Dec 17 19:53:17 EST 2007

I think a developer should represent feedback when it's necessary.
Currently force feedback isn't the focus of games, except for haptic
devices like Novint. Usually in the games I work on, force feedback
supplements already existing feedback, such as sounds and animation.
Then it becomes a task to make sure the sounds are converted into
other media and animations are easily seen for low-vision players.

Otherwise, you may see redundant feedback, such as:

(DISTANT EXPLOSION) for a sound caption
(SOFT EXPLOSION RUMBLE) for the force feedback

-Reid