[games_access] Games for people with cerebral palsy

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 24 16:59:02 EST 2007

Yes, remember that we're an organization that is mainly a link to the mainstream gaming industry -- that doesn't mean we can't help spread knowledge/info that would help the educational software folks. It's just that our main purpose is advocating for accessibility in the mainstream entertainment game industry.

And Barrie is the king of the one-switch world so his links are invaluable! Many teachers are using mainstream entertainments games in the classroom so why not use some of the games already out there as a starter? I gave a lecture about mainstream game accessibility to a classroom of Special Education teachers this past week and none of them had any idea that a lot of these games were out there so, yeah, individually as SIG members we try to spread the word no matter what kind of game it is but as a SIG on a whole we're tied into the entertainment industry.

Michelle