[games_access] Sorry for absence- question about the use of AI techniques for developing adaptive, accessible games, question/comment about Wii

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Sun Jan 7 13:21:31 EST 2007

As far as this list is concerned there hasn't been much discussion
about how the Wii can be made more accessible. I don't know if anyone
of us has a Wii and has spent a lot of time with it. Robert, who is a
quadriplegic unfortunately can't use the Wii. However, I think maybe
making a head worn Wii compatible motion sensing device could help
make the Wii more accessible to people such as Robert.

I agree that it probably has better applications in rehabilitation
right now. Apparently, it can take both small and large movements. A
therapist can change the sensitivity at first to accept small
movements and as the player improves, the therapist changes the
sensitivity to require more extreme motions.

-Reid