[games_access] I need your help

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Wed Jan 10 16:02:31 EST 2007

Hello Corey,

I'd recommend trawling through the resources at www.game-accessibility.com -

http://www.game-accessibility.com/index.php?pagefile=papers - Some of the videos might be very helpful. This said, I can't get the videos to work at present, without messing about with the URLs.

E.g. the first video shortcut reads: mms://mediaserver.wustl.edu/mpa/brainGames/clip.wmv
But if you change it to http://mediaserver.wustl.edu/mpa/brainGames/clip.wmv - it works on my machine. You may need to do the same (can this be fixed Richard/Sander?)

Also feel free to use anything on my web-site such as the pioneers page, or the barriers document:

http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/2library.htm

Try not to worry too much, but have some interesting pictures, a short video maybe to stop things from being too dry. Maybe squeeze in an accessible game for play if you have time spare.

I'm sure people will be very interested in what you have to say, so take courage from that, and that what you have to say is really important for a lot of people. Escapism is a big part of many people's lives. Most people can relate to having that denied to them.

Good luck, and let us know how you go!!!

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk
http://switchgaming.blogspot.com