[games_access] BBC develops accessible educational games

Jonathan Hassell jonathan.hassell at bbc.co.uk
Sun Jan 28 15:12:22 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all doing well - sorry that I'm not able to contribute to
your emails too often...

And sorry that there was no mention of the SIG or gamesaccessibility.com
in the e-Access bulletin article. The reason is that I didn't see the
article before it was published, so had no idea what was or wasn't in
it. The article was taken from quotes from a demo I gave in London, so
they were chosen by the journalist, not myself. There were quite a lot
of things in the article that I'd have changed or corrected, if given
the chance. It's a pity I didn't get that chance before publication...

And, Richard, Sander - I'm gutted to hear about the fire at your
offices. Especially as we had such a good meeting in them the day
before. I don't know if there's anything we can do from England to help
you sort things out other than to send our best wishes. But if we can
help, please let me know.

Rest assured everyone that I very much value every contribution that
you've made to what we're trying to do at jam. The one part of e-Access
bulletin's article which I liked most was them quoting me on how
frustrating it is that we can't make our stuff available outside the UK
at the moment. I'd love all of you guys outside the UK to have a chance
to look at what we've been able to do so far, so if ever you're in the
UK, give me a call and I'll give you a personal demo.

My very best wishes

Jonathan.

Jonathan Hassell
Accessibility Editor, BBC jam
Rm 2318 | White City | 201 Wood Lane | London W12 7TR
Landline: 020 8752 4271. Mobile: 07919 343686.
jonathan.hassell at bbc.co.uk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/