[games_access] Announcement

Robert Florio arthit73 at cablespeed.com
Wed Jul 11 12:34:50 EDT 2007

Hi Richard sounds like good news for you.  Don't exactly understand
everything that you're doing or what it involves but for the web site I
would love to see it used for an actual game project.

I couldn't think of a better way to promote game accessibility than for us
to actually go out recruit the people to volunteer to build a game, and
present the game to a major development company to buy.  After I get
finished with the videogame top-secret, Acclaim.com David Perry that would
be an excellent job hopefully it would pay as well.  I know I said volunteer
but if we can get a company to fund it, go around to the different places
like conferences people that have companies and sell it to them maybe we
could finally get a game out there that proves our research and interest.

I know myself I'm worried about after graduation and hoping that I win the
directorship prize at the end of top-secret but, every day with that project
its up-and-down happy times it's a roller coaster but really good
experience.  Sorry I haven't been putting info on our wiki I really should.
Man I really should.  I'm getting some good support on making the game
simple but fun for all and accessible.

Top-secret racing game is supposed to be finished for presentation by GDC
2008 but David does not want to hold to that goal to rush it.  That's a
really good thing he really cares about this and Acclaim is investing so
much into it more so than any other racing game has ever invested.  So it's
a huge plus anyone that wants to get involved it really is truly 100%
funded.  That's why I really wanted to get more members here involved it
really could be a chance to make it accessible designers are really
interested in David is backing up the idea after I told him about it.  Asked
me personally to start a research group discussion General discussion area
on other games that have been made accessible to talk about them and figure
out a way to make this game worked.

The information to join link is below.  We even have a wiki but we are
really learning how to upgrade that also with more information.

http://phpbb.acclaim.com/topsecret/

Thanks Richard.

Robert

www.RobertFlorio.com