[games_access] Ideas for GDC 2008

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Wed May 23 01:03:39 EDT 2007

I like something along these lines for a GDC session title,

Innovation: True Next Generation Gameplay for Everyone

However, it risks sounding like marketing hype and devs see right
through that. Anyway, this could be our "wow that's cool shit" type of
presentation where we talk about the Demor sound based game for the
blind and Brain Fingers and the Haptic device. We try to make this as
flashy and cool as possible, even if tech isn't 100% there or games
widely available. It should be entertaining for people who like to see
what's around the corner and educational in showing people that there
are those with disabilities that can't play their current games.

Aside from that, I'd like to try the Expo booth more than a GDC
session. There's only a few ways I can talk about closed captioning
and I think I've tried them all.

-Reid