[games_access] GDC 2008 -- who is going + acceptance update

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 10 18:13:15 EST 2007

I just looked it up at http://www.igda.org/scholarships/ and past
scholarship winners are not eligible to apply. So that's not a
possibility unfortunately. At thing point we just have to keep
waiting -- I'll let everyone know anything new that I find out about
this year's pass situation.

Pass priority goes to (and this is not necessarily in order but kind
of is): (1) speakers accepted, (2) people who contributed to the
proposal writing directly (ie, wrote some of the draft bits but did
not want to be speakers, (3) people who haven't had a chance to go
before and have helped out the SIG immensely in the last year in the
planning for this and other events, (4) returners who have
contributed to our success at past GDCs and can contribute again.
After that if we have any left we'll figure out something else --
most people who want to attend probably are already in the pass
priority list. These are the cases where I will do everything I can
to get pass coverage. But obviously anyone who hasn't done anything
at all in the past for the SIG are not priority. I wish I could give
passes to the world but obviously I can't. :)

Michelle