[games_access] Speech to Sign

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Sat Sep 15 18:41:38 EDT 2007

The comments on the YouTube video do make good points. Sign Language
conveys a lot of important information in overall body language and
facial expressions that I'm afraid will be lost on digital characters.
I'm glad they did this research though. The next step is to analyze
tone of voice and layer in facial expressions to match the tone of
voice.

>From a game developer standpoint, the only way something like this
will be implemented in games as an alternative communication method is
if it's software developers can license and include in their games.
Even then, we're probably looking at hundreds, maybe thousands of
additional animations, that all require disk and memory space.

-Reid