[games_access] Project Icecube: One Button Game A Potential Winnerin Game Design Competition!

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Sun Jun 15 18:10:39 EDT 2008

I found Project Icecube to be a nice little game - a little reminiscent of
the old Retro Remakes 2005 competition one-switch winner - Manic Miner
(http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/game/oneswitchmanicminer). On a
downer - I think something a lot of one switch games don't take into account
is that many one switch gamers also don't have the fastest reaction times in
the world. Like Manic Miner, this game requires pretty spot on reactions -
although this is a bit more forgiving. Perhaps a cut down super easy version
(less things to achieve - very easy layout) would help here?

On the up side - it's got a nice polished look and feel and I rarely felt
too frustrated playing. Not the most exciting game ever obviously - but a
nice mellow distraction. Good luck to Michiel for the competition.

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk