[games_access] A quick introduction

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 20:56:42 EST 2008

Hi Bryan,

I read your post on the games access mailinglist.

Would you be willing to participate in evaluation our blind accessible
client for secondlife?

Cheers Eelke

On 01/03/2008, Bryan <b-peterson at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   Well some of you probably know me if you're subscribed to the Audyssey
> list. But for those who aren't, my name's Brya Peterson. I'm not currently
> an accessible game dev, but since it's an interest that's slowly grabbed my
> attention over the years and still refuses to let go of it again, I thought
> this would be a good place to come. As I've said before, though I'm not a
> developer I would like to try at some point to learn to develop games that
> are accessible at least to the blind, being a member of that community
> myself. Unfortunately, the kinds of games I'd like to see developed seem to
> be quite beyond the scope of our urrent list of devs. Not necessarily in
> terms of their skills but certainly beyond what any of them seems to be
> willing to attempt. My problem though is finding materials that can even
> begin to make the concepts of programing begin to make sense to me. Sure I
> wouldn't be developing a truly accessible audio RPG anytime soon, but that's
> one of my goals. But anyway, I thought I'd write and introduce myself since
> I just joined the list not long ago.
> Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

Eelke Folmer                           Assistant Professor
Department of CS&E/171
University of Nevada              Reno, Nevada 89557
Game interaction design        www.helpyouplay.com