[games_access] Happy New Year + A.T.E. Arcade

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Sun Jan 4 12:38:18 EST 2009

Hi Guys!

Happy New Year!!! All the best!

One of my resolutions includes getting active again in this community. 2008
was yet another year with several changes and developments for me personally
and because of these I was not able to be very active in the field of game
accessibility. However, with my (new) research position at the Utrecht
School of the Arts, I wish to put much of my focus back on game
accessibility research and design again. And participate in the chats and
conversations of this SIG again :)
I'm currently busy with writing proposals and aplpying for grants for
(national) game accessibility-related research projects. If anyone is
interested in setting up GA-related (EU or other international) projects and
needs a partner, let me know through this list ;)
One thing that I would like to put on the 2009 SIG agenda is discussing a
possible GA-related research trajectory/line. I got the feeling that one of
the reasons the body of knowledge in this field is developing 'slowly' is
because of there are many research initiatives but not that many consecutive
research projects with a clear direction out there. I've only just started
with looking at the research that has been done from this point of view so I
may be wrong - that's why I would like to put it into the group ;)

Greets,

Richard

ps: Michelle: all the best tomorrow!!!