[games_access] SoundDesign

Matthias Troup foreversublime at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:52:15 EDT 2009

Hi, Sandra:

Awesome. Sports in general have broadened their audience from technological imporovements across the board.

I don't know of blind eSport leagues. However, there are leagues for blind "gamers" - but not what you may think.

There's an international game called "BeepBall". It's similar to Baseball.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125054739963438235.html

If I were targeting an audience, I would say I don't just need a blind audience to pitch my blind eSport idea to - I need a blind audience that plays sports (a subgroup that feels the desire to compete) to pitch my idea to. I could be very wrong, but I don't think it's the excersize Beep Ball players are after... otherwise, they'd do something easier than travel around the world to play each other.

I don't have an informed opinion on what types of games could be used, but I hope the Beep Ball example is encouraging. Perhaps the beep ball example suggests something internationally popular or even a bit casual - like chess. eBoard games shouldn't be left out of the equation, either.

Best,

-Matt